Please call (706) 271-7306 to speak with our therapist about the winter booster session.
Boost your brainpower with a Train Your Brain booster session!
Remote learning is, well, hard. It can be especially hard for our children with executive functioning (EF) challenges. If you’ve noticed your student struggling with the challenges of learning virtually, then this new, in-person opportunity for you and your child will give you concrete tools to help.
This special TYB booster session features a unique breakout time for the grownups where you will learn how to think like an OT, including skills like:
- Learning the components of executive functioning, how they work together, and how difficulties with them manifest in home and school tasks
- Breaking down a task to understand what EFs are needed for that task
- Giving your child appropriate cues to guide them through an activity
- Brainstorming accommodations can benefit your child
Then, you and your child will work together to build an insulating igloo to keep Pedro the Penguin and his ice blocks cold, giving you the chance to:
- Observe your child’s planning process in a structured activity
- Identify the EFs your child might be struggling with
- Practice giving the appropriate level of support for your child
- Receive support and guidance in real-time from a licensed OT
Date: Saturday, January 30
Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: 4444 Forest Park Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108
A snack will be provided during the session.
*This one-day session is half the price of a week-long TYB camp session due to the participation of both a child and guardian as well as skilled training provided to guardians.