ADDRESSING NEW PHYSICAL CHALLENGES
After surgical treatment for breast cancer, it may be physically challenging to manage everyday tasks like reaching dishes in cabinets, blow-drying your hair or holding your child/grandchild.
Occupational and Physical Therapists at Washington University’s Milliken Hand Rehabilitation Center
provides specialized rehabilitative breast cancer services for cancer patients. The program is customized for each patient and provides education and support so you can maintain and maximize your independence.
Pre-operative evaluation and education
Before treatment, your evaluation and post-op plan
• Baseline measurements of your upper-extremity function.
• Exercises and tasks to complete prior to your surgery to help your recovery.
• Organizing the demands of your day-to-day activities and your anticipated post-op needs.
After your surgery, our program helps you manage your daily tasks, including:
• Physical range-of-motion management.
• Custom exercises and tasks.
• Return-to-work planning.
• Pain management techniques
Providing patient care at two convenient Milliken Hand Rehabilitation Center locations.
Download our Breast Cancer Services Information:
- Breast surgery exercises
- Breast surgery precautions and helpful resources
- Breast surgery support group resources
Refer a patient or schedule an appointment: 314-286-1669
Central for Advanced Medicine location
4921 Parkview Place
St. Louis, MO 63110
Parking: Parking garage located adjacent to the building, attached to Parkway Hotel.
Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Orthopedic Center location
14532 S. Outer Forty Rd.
Chesterfield, MO 63107
Parking: Lot includes free parking spaces for patients.