Pumpkin pie without the hassle of making a crust
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9-inch pie pan, and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter and eggs. Mix in the pumpkin, milk and vanilla. Add the sifted ingredients, and beat until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!