COVID-19 Recovery Resources
Or check out the Headspace website
Stress Management Resources
Caring for yourself not only makes you feel better, but research shows that self-compassion makes you more likely to care for others, as well. Repeat these affirmations to yourself.
- I accept myself as I am.
- I am enough.
- I am worthy of compassion.
- I allow myself to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes.
- I let go of the old and make room for the new.
- I am resilient.
- I nurture myself with all the kindness I would shower on someone I cherish.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Tighten each body part for 5 seconds. Release for 10 seconds. Repeat for all body parts listed.
- ï‚· Forehead (raise eyebrows)
- Mouth (smile wide)
- Eyes (squint)
- Head (tilt up)
- Hands (clench fists)
- Arms (flex biceps)
- Shoulders (raise arms)
- Upper back (shoulder blades together)
- Chest (deep breath)
- Stomach (deep breath)
- Low back (arch)
- Buttocks (clench)
- Thighs (press knees together)
- Feet (point toes toward the sky, then ground)
Grounding Techniques to Reduce Anxiety in the Moment
These techniques may help distract you from anxiety and refocus on what’s happening in the present moment.
- Pay attention to what you are touching, smelling, hearing, tasting, and seeing.
- Focus on your breathing.
- Take a short walk.
- Move around.
- Do math problems or count backward from 100.
- Recite something you know by heart.
- Describe whatâ€™s around you.
- Picture the face of someone you love.
- Sit with a pet.
- Visualize your favorite place.
- Listen to music.
- Put your hands in water or hold a piece of ice.