Please call (314) 286-1669 Opt. #1 to schedule an appointment.
When it comes to wheelchairs, customization is key. There are countless factors that must be taken into consideration to find the right fit for a person’s body, abilities, needs, and goals. From the type of cushion to the height of the armrests, every measurement and detail plays a vital part in ensuring the perfect fit.
Our team of experts will partner with you to perform a comprehensive evaluation and assessment so that together, we can find just the right wheelchair for you or your loved one. Throughout the process, we’ll look at body weight, height, range of motion, strength, mobility needs, home environment, and the places and spaces you go every day so that we can find the best choice and fit for your lifestyle.
Additionally, we will:
- provide clinical seating evaluations on current, as well as new mobility devices
- conduct new mobility device evaluations, including complex seating and mobility needs
- complete manual wheelchair propulsion analysis and education, and
- perform pressure mapping so that we can clearly see how your positioning and posture impact overall comfort and wellness.
Our clinicians hold advanced certifications as Assistive Technology Professionals (ATP) and are fully-equipped to share recommendations, suggestions, and helpful tips and strategies to best leverage assistive technology in your daily routines. Assistive technology refers to assistive, adaptive, and rehabilitative devices for people with disabilities, as well as the process used in selecting, locating, and using the devices.
By providing enhancements to, or changing the way a task is performed, assistive technology promotes greater independence by enabling people to do things that they were formerly unable to do or had great difficulty completing.
Examples of assistive technology include, but are not limited to:
- mobility aids, such as wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, canes, and crutches
- computer software and hardware, such as voice recognition programs, screen readers, and screen enlargement applications, for use in helping people with mobility and sensory impairments use computer technology, and
- classroom materials and tools to help in learning environments, such as automatic page-turners, book holders, and adaptive pencil grips.
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to wheelchairs or adaptive technology devices and resources, however, there are options that will fit just right for you and your lifestyle…and our team can help you find them! For more information about our services, please contact us.