Please call (314) 286-1669 to schedule an appointment.
Therapist providing treatment:
A History of Progress
The Milliken Hand Rehabilitation Center was one of the first three hand rehabilitation facilities established in the U.S. With over 60 years of experience treating complex and common injuries, Milliken’s occupational, physical and certified hand therapists assist orthopedic and plastic surgeons and physicians in providing treatment for patients with hand and upper extremity injuries.
Advanced Services for Better Outcomes
- Arthritis of the hand and wrist
- Brachial plexus injuries: affecting nerves in the shoulder, elbow, forearm, wrist, and fingers
- Congenital Hand and Upper Extremity differences
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Fractures/crush injuries
- Nerve Compression Syndromes/Peripheral nerve injuries
- Pre & Post-Operative care for Breast Cancer
Pre-Operative evaluation and education includes: Baseline measurements of upper extremity function, A home program to complete pre-surgery to improve the recovery process post-operatively, Activity of daily living demands and anticipated needs
Post-Operative care includes: Wound and scar management, Ensure full motion of arms is achieved, Home program personalized to your situation, Activities of daily living deficits, Work demands addressed, Pain management techniques
- Sports-related injuries of the elbow, hand or wrist
- Tendon lacerations
- Work-related injuries and conditions
Pre and Post Operation Services
Milliken therapists are able to work with injuries that both require an operation as well as those that don’t. We provide therapy techniques and services to help optimize your function.