Please call (314) 286-1669 Opt. #1 to schedule an appointment.
Whether you’re trying to update and modify a home environment to make it as safe as possible for a loved one as they age, or need to make some adjustments following a new diagnosis or disability, our team can help.
We work with clients every day to ensure that their home is as safe as possible. Upon visiting your home, we will:
- perform a full evaluation and assessment of your living spaces
- make recommendations for changes
- educate you about potential concerns and/or areas of risk, and
- provide you with strategies for maximizing independence.
We’ll go room-by-room to assess each space comprehensively. Whether it’s making sure appropriate grab bars are available and installed correctly in the bathrooms or evaluating how user-friendly and accessible the kitchen is, our team knows what to look for and can offer suggestions for cost-effective solutions.
As part of our work, our therapists will:
- teach new ways of doing things to prevent falls, avoid injury, and keep you or your loved one participating in activities that are important to you or them
- identify obstacles in the home that prevent independence or compromise safety
- recommend specific equipment or changes to your home to support your goals and daily behaviors
- refer you to vendors or programs as appropriate to help you obtain helpful products and/or services, and
- consult with contractors as needed so any equipment or home changes meet your current and future needs.
We know there’s no place like home. Our goal is to partner with you and your loved ones to make sure that your home is as safe and accessible as possible so that you can fully enjoy all the comforts it has to offer.