Washington University Occupational Therapy is offering a free student-led clinic supervised by a licensed OT for people with spinal cord injury/disease. The Collaborative Community Clinic (CCC) is housed within the Paraquad Health and Wellness Center at 5200 Berthold (between the Science Center and Forrest Park Community College). The CCC conducts the SCI/D Health and Participation Program, for patients to qualify:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Diagnosis of spinal cord injury or disease (ie. Multiple Sclerosis, Spina Bifida).
- Un-insured or under insured for OT Services.
- Complete a pre-program and post-program survey.
- Attend a minimum of four sessions (combination of groups/1:1)
The full program includes a pre-assessment session, four groups, four individual sessions, and a post-survey over ten weeks.
Group topics: bowel/bladder management, promoting intimacy, adaptive parenting, community mobility, advocacy, transportation, finding resources.
The Fall session of the clinic begins Wednesday, September 18th 3:00pm – 4:30pm and will run every Wednesday through November 20th.
Please contact Carla Walker for more information about the Collaborative Community Clinic (CCC).